Mild Curry ChickenBy Ambrosia Natural Foods
This recipe was created by our friends at Ambrosia Natural Foods, and featured in their 2017 calendar. We think it makes for a great weeknight meal, especially if you make enough to have leftovers for lunch later in the week.
- 4 tbsp red curry paste
- ½ cup organic butter or ghee
- 2 large organic onions, sliced
- 1 Ambrosia’s Own cinnamon stick
- 1 kg Yorkshire Valley Farms Organic chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp Ambrosia’s Own honey
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup organic coconut milk
- 1 cup Yorkshire Valley Organic chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- 4 tbsp organic fresh cilantro
- On medium heat in a large skillet add the clarified butter (or ghee) and curry paste.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes or until the mixture starts to perfume and caramelize.
- Add the onion and cinnamon stick; cook until transparent and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and sauté until slightly golden. Add the honey, soy sauce, coconut milk and chicken broth.
- Bring to a gentle boil then reduce the heat, cover and cook until chicken is tender, about 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately over rice, and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Meet the chefAmbrosia Natural Foods
Ambrosia has carried Yorkshire Valley Farms organic chicken and turkey since the early years. Ambrosia Natural Foods is a complete Natural & Organic Grocery store with three locations in the Greater Toronto Location and over 36 years of experience in every-day low & affordable quality health foods.