Tuscan ChickenBy Joy McCarthy
Take a little visit to Italy without ever leaving your home! This Tuscan inspired chicken recipe is full of fresh, whole ingredients that are not only incredibly nutrient-dense and satisfying, but full of flavour that will please even the most finicky eaters.
- 4 Yorkshire Valley Farms organic boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package (140g) goat cheese
- 8 fresh basil leaves or 2 tbsp dried basil
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, halved and pits removed
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- ½ white onion chopped
- ½ zucchini chopped
- Optional: 1 cup tomato sauce
- Pinch sea salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice a pocket lengthwise in each chicken breast.
- Stuff with goat cheese and basil equally divided between 4 breasts. Place breasts in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle over chicken the remaining ingredients: olives, tomatoes, onion, zucchini and tomato sauce.
- Season with sea salt, pepper and olive oil. Bake for 35 minutes or until center of chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.