Yorkshire Valley Farms Canadian Eco-Scholar Award
Thank you to all those who applied for the 2023 program!
Applications for the 2023 Eco-Scholar Award closed on February 10, 2023. We are currently reviewing all valid applications and will provide updates on our website and through our social media channels as the winners are determined.
We will announce the winners on or around April 28, 2023.
ABOUT THE AWARD
To apply for the 2023 Yorkshire Valley Farms Canadian Eco-Scholar Award, simply submit a video maximum 2 minutes in length in which you tell us about you, how you are engaged in organics, and how you intend to use your studies and your actions to progress organic regenerative practices in your community.
There are four awards for a total give-away of $10,000:
- One $5000 award for first place
- Two $2000 second place awards
- One $1000 third place award
All applicants must review the accept the complete rules and regulations before submitting an application.
The Yorkshire Valley Farms Canadian Eco-Scholar Award is open to all residents of Canada who are 16 years of age or older, and are full-time students actively enrolled in a Canadian academic institution. All areas of study are eligible – what matters is that you are passionate about agriculture and how it can be a force for good in our society.
👉🏽 Please ensure you have reviewed the full rules and regulations before preparing your application.
🏆 Learn about the 2022 Eco-Scholar recipients.
- Complete the Eco-Scholar application form. All required fields must be completed in order to successfully submit your application.
- Prepare your video. All ideas presented in the video must be your own and all statements should be respectful and should not aim to harm or misrepresent any particular group. Video resolution should be 1080p (High Definition) or 4K (Ultra High Definition). Here’s some helpful information on YouTube video quality.
- Upload your video to YouTube and ensure you include your video link in the application form. Please upload your video to your own YouTube channel, saved as ‘unlisted’ and paste the link to the video field in the form below. Here is some technical help on how to create a YouTube channel and help with uploading and saving your video to YouTube. Information on YouTube video privacy settings can be found here.
- If you are unable to create a video, you may submit a written essay answering the question “what role do you hope to play in the organic regenerative movement?”. Essays should be maximum 300 words. We recommend that you prepare a rough draft of your written application before completing the form below. You will be unable to save the form as a draft. You do not need to submit an essay if you submit a video. The essay option is available for those who are unable to create a video.
- Once your application is submitted, you should receive an email confirmation. If you do not receive the confirmation, check your spam folder.
- Ensure your application is submitted before the deadline on February 10, 2023 at 11:59 EST.
Successful applicants are expected to:
- Provide proof of full-time enrolment at their qualifying Canadian academic institution.
- Provide a copy of their video (if one was submitted) along with a photo of themselves for promotional use.
- Have their submission, in whole or in part, showcased online, in print and/or on television.
Winners will be contacted on or around April 28, 2023.
If applicants do not respond within five (5) business days, Yorkshire Valley Farms reserves the right to select another applicant.
Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org